It rained this week. Not the usual extreme storms we get here in Oklahoma, but a gentle overnight soaking rain. Insomnia showed up again so I took the opportunity to write. Sheltered in a wingback chair and a Mexican blanket in my darkened house with only the rain and thunder as a soundtrack I received a riff of inspiration. Does rain inspire you?
Let the rain kiss you.
Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops.
Let the rain sing you a lullaby.
The rain makes still pools on the sidewalk.
The rain makes running pools in the gutter.
The rain plays a little sleep-song on our roof at night –
And I love the rain.
‘April Rain Song’ – Langston Hughes
Where did you write this week?
And now check out this week’s Sparkling Gems: blog posts that will encourage you along the writer’s journey:
- The Best Writing Advice I’ve Ever Received from Donald Miller’s Blog
- Music and Memoir by Alana Saltz
- Keep Improving over at Karinwritesdangerously
- 3 Steps to Creative Endurance: A Writer’s Training Plan at Write To Done
- When It Comes to Story Ideas, Trust Your Gut from Word Count